Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Regina Spektor

Riding back from Maryland with an old friend on Sunday night I got the chance to listen to a lot of music that I wouldn't normally enjoy. Most of it was good. Regina Spektor was great. I have found a new love. The song Fidelity - the one I heard in the car on Sunday night - is beautiful and moving. I don't know if people who are into music more than me know about her, but you all should. Here's a link to her website. Click on music, and then enjoy. It seems like all her albums are online for free. You won't be disappointed.

Now that you've listened, I can talk about it. She reminds me of a cross between Dido and Alanis Morissette. Her voice is simply beautiful. She goes so high, but she has the effect of whispering that Dido does so well. And the words are great. "The history books forgot about us / and the Bible didn't mention us / the Bible didn't mention us / not even once." That's from Samson.

I want to hear this woman live.

For those of you wondering where Part 2 of Good Magazine is, it'll come

No comments: