Thursday, October 05, 2006

Good Magazine - Part Two (The Upstairs)

Just when you all had given up hope of ever reading about me and RPP's further adventures at the good magazine party, I come and satisfy your thirst for all the lurid details. See, that's my style. I get you excited about something. And then I withhold. And withhold. And then you forget about it. And then I bring it up again. It's called good writing.

So, when we last left our heroes, the seductively intrepid RPP and the casually handsome BAS, we had finally crossed the barrier between good and awesome, represented in this case by the steps from the second to the third floors of the party.

The third floor was like something out of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - and by that I mean the good Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, you know, the one we grew up with, not the crappy Johnny Depp one, where he overacts to compensate for the fact that he has no idea how to act, and where it's just spooky and weird, as opposed to the first one, where it's only slightly spooky, and highly weird, and all around great. Man, those little people (munchkins? doodads? what're they called) from the first one totally kick the butt's of the one little guy in the remake. But, I digress.

The third floor was a wonderland. Their were all these really cool looking people. BTW - RPP pointed this out to me afterwards - everyone there was hot. I mean really, really hot. RPP and I were by far the shortest people there - and I am pretty average, height-wise - 5'9" (which is actually exactly average). Everyone was really thin, also (RPP is good at that part). And also really attractive. I cannot emphasize this enough.

Ok, maybe I can.

Anyway, there was this really cool "piece of art" that took up a good chunk of the first corridor we went up to (which was a really wide hall, which led of to a number of side rooms). This is the one cool piece of art I mentioned in Good Magazine - the prequel. It looked like this: Have you ever been to Disneyworld? If I say this, would you know what I'm talking about? "It's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

Know what I'm talking about?

Know what I'm referring to?

Hmm? Hmm?

Ok, this is it. It was Thunder Mountain Railroad. It was so cool. It was this huge, over-life sized diarama of a mining western canyon, with real tunnels and train tracks and everything. Except smaller. The whole mountain was maybe 12 feet high and probably 12 feet wide. It was so awesome. It was the one good piece of art in all of the building.

Oh wait, there was something else, in the next room, that was pretty awesome too. Ok, there's this photographer, that's trying to take pictures of children in New York. But wait, it's not what you're thinking (at least not what I hope you're not thinking). Here's the cutsie, non-ironic part: She's trying to take pictures of children in New York from every country on earth. Isn't that genius? Isn't that non-ironic fun? I love it. So far she's got over a hundred countries - there are only about forty or fifty, I think, left. And I'm sure they're around. One of them is Seychelles. Where I really want to go, someday.

Ok, the next room was about water. It was lame.

The next room was the "cool room". This is how I found out it was the cool room. Everyone in that room was super hot, and there was a bouncer at the door. This is another way I found out it was the cool room. The bouncer didn't let us in.

That was sad.

Then we went to the water room, so we could peek into the cool room (there was a window between the two), and pretend we didn't care that the bouncer didn't let us in.

Then we went to the party room. The party room was insane. Suddenly there were approximately a million people and crazy music. It was awesome. We left 10 minutes later.

In short, we met some good people, had some good times, and took a picture to be published at goodmagazine.com of me and RPP holding a sign that says: "Daven, like you give a damn"

Also, we got 4 packs of gum. It was a good night.

No comments: