Monday, October 09, 2006

Decisions

I like trains. Trains are fun. For some reason, I feel so free on a train - it's like the feeling I get when I'm on a highway, driving out, just starting. But when I'm driving, the feeling usually goes away after thirty minutes or so, because I have to pay attention to the driving.

Trains aren't like that. In a train, the newness and the excitement of newness never goes away. On the train last night, I was so happy. I'm so happy when I'm travelling. It's like endless possibilities, you can stop anywhere, you can go anywhere. And even though it's not true, and even though I know it's not true, and I know that I'm going to be in New York in an hour, and that, moreover, the track only goes in one direction: south, and the train only goes to one place: the city where I'll soon be, but it doesn't matter. It's the feeling that matters.

No comments: